Why Wait For Luck To Happen When You Can Plant It?
1. Obtain soil sample.
2. Apply herbicidal treat to rid unwanted material. Do this on dry matter, 2 weeks prior to planting.
3. Apply recommended amount of fertilizer and lime provided by soil sample and consultation. Make sure to do this prior to planting.
Soil contact is required for a successful food plot.
1. Work ground and break up top soil. Maximum of 5 inch tillage depth. Establish a strong, smooth seed bed.
2. Spread seed using a broadcast seeder, following seeding rates provided on packaging.
Slight compaction required. Do not compact seed deeper than 1/2".
(Burying seed to deep is the number on e reason for failure).
Quality maintenance is required for a successful food plot.
Recommendations to make your Lucky Leaf food plot thrive:
1. Do not apply any fertilizer after plant material merges. Clover is a nitrogen fixator and will add required nutrients to the soil.
2. Install plot ribbon or minimal fencing to reduce amount of grazing to early.
3. If your food plots go through a drought period apply water until soil is moist, do as often as you see fit.