Grand Slam is the ultimate turkey food plot on the market. Blended to last all four seasons of a turkey's habits. Great for attraction for hunting season with a nutritious food source all year. This plot grows, maintains, and produces trophy turkeys.
Grand Slam- The Ultimate Turkey Food Plot
Year Round Forage
Optimal Planting Dates:
April 5th- August 15th
Maximum seed depth:
1. Obtain Soil Sample.
2. Apply herbicidal treatment to rid unwanted materials. Do this on dry matter 2 weeks prior to planting.
3. Apply recommended amount of fertilizer and lime provided by soil sample and consultation.
Soil contact is required for a successful food plot.
1. Work ground and break up topsoil. Establish a strong, smooth seed bed.
2. Spread seed using a broadcast seeder, following seeding rates provided on packaging.
3. Slight compaction required. Do no compact seed deer than 3/4".
(Burying the seed to deep is the number one reason for failure.)
Quality maintenance is required for a successful food plot.
Recommendations to make your Grand Slam food plot thrive.
1. 3-4 weeks after plant life emerges, apply 46-0-0 fertilizer at 150# per acre.
2. Install plot ribbon or minimal fencing to reduce amount of unwanted grazing. Grand Slam is highly addictive and can be devoured very quickly.
3. If your food plots go through a drought period, apply water until soil is moist, as often as needed.